Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Spring Forward

North Carolina is not supposed to have this much snow. We've already received a great deal of snow during the Christmas holiday, but once again, Mother Nature blessed us with more of the white stuff. I believe most people enjoy it and love watching it fall, but I could live very happily without ever seeing snow again. The snow has brought a good thing this time around; it has me searching for spring trends. Spring brings so many wonderful events (my birthday, spring break, St. Patrick's Day) and I cannot wait to slip into a few of  my favorite trends for 2011.



Prabal Gurung debuted vivacious citrus hues on the runway. These colors remind me of summer smoothies.



Tommy Hilfiger showed off preppy accessories including nautical striped totes and tassled loafers. I believe nautical prints are always welcome during the summer months.



Big bangles were a theme at the Marc by Marc Jacobs show.



This 60s inspired a-line coat is by far one of my favorite trends! Again, the citrus colors are displayed and I believe this lemon color would work well for a lightweight trench!



While many designers showcased citrus colored trends, Rebecca Minkoff took a different approach showing off nude colors. This spring and summer trend works well with the contrasting black pieces flaunted in the photo.

{Images}

1 comment:

  1. [...] I discussed here citrus hues are the go-to colors for spring, and I have slowly been looking for key pieces and [...]

    ReplyDelete