Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fourth of July

After this fun weekend I have decided that the 4th of July is my new favorite holiday. Not only because it marks the day of America's freedom, but also because of the American ways we celebrate, like: grilling hotdogs and hamburgers, and steaks and veggies, low country boil, bikinis, boating, beer, friends and fireworks. I started the weekend out on Surfside Beach with my family. It was a very low-key stay that began every morning with a barefoot run on the beach. I decided I could totally get used to waking up with the beach sunrise. The waves were calm and the water was perfect; I only wish I could have stayed longer.

Maybe I've just never noticed this before, but I thought it was so cool. The little birdie tracks in the sand! Kind of reminded me a of a treasure chest map!
On Sunday my mom and I checked out a local Italian market. From beaded jewelry to vase trees, the market had just about everything, including cannolis! An Italian market would not be complete without them!


I returned from the beach on Sunday in time for a day on the lake with friends on Monday. We all piled on the boat with our coolers filed with cold beverages and headed to the sandbar. The sandbar is basically a big party in one of the coves on the lake where each boat ties up to another. As we were floating and having a great time, a huge storm snuck up and completely drenched us! We tried to escape, but had to dock up to random docks on the way back! Everything on the boat was soaked, but Emily and I were smart and rode in the bathroom nook on the way back, snacking on semi-soggy crackers; it was definitely a fourth to remember!
Sorry for the bad quality; that would be from my iPhone.

Finally, my brother is in town! Yay! We grilled burgers last night and enjoyed a beer or two!



One more iPhone photo...


I hope you had a happy fourth! 






No comments:

Post a Comment