Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Pumpkin & Chocolate Chip Pancakes



source

This past weekend consisted of terrifying storms, peaceful rain, and good laughs with friends. My lovely sister came home this weekend to work on her senior capstone paper, which is probably one of the most stressful papers to ever accomplish. Since the school rarely provides her with ‘home cooked’ meals, I decided to make her breakfast on Saturday morning. The morning was gloomy and reminded me of fall, and longed for something warm with hints of spice. After scouring the pantry I found some pumpkin puree and milk chocolate chips, which must be used together. I used this recipe to create fluffy* pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes that melted in your mouth. I highly recommend you try this recipe, because who says pumpkin is only for the cooler months?!

*The key to fluffy pancakes is to leave the batter lumpy with bubbles. Just fold together the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients until just combined, no more than that. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment